Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dog Days First Impression

Looks very childish. It's very cute though. The story is literally dogs vs. cats. It was pretty much eyebrow raising from the start. I'm not even sure who it's aimed at any more. I mean it airs at 11:30 at night and the story is simply ridiculous. I did however really like the music and the animation. That was wonderful and really major plus points for me. Although for something from the creator of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, I certainly did expect more.

So here's the deal. We have this fantasy world called Fronyard and a country called the Republic of Biscotti and this place in inhabited by dog people and cat people. If someone told me this, I wouldn't even think twice about not watching this. Honestly, it sounds like such a joke. But then again, consider the airing time. OTAKU HOUR?! WHAT? Frankly, this is so strange it just might work.

The characters are nothing memorable as yet but at least the 'hero' isn't entirely useless, right?

Only time will tell how this will turn out and I will give it a chance. Since it was good music, animation,art and entertainment wise, 7/10 for the first episode.

No comments: