Saturday, December 31, 2011

D-1: The End of 2011


2011 marked the first year where I did not go a single day without anime whether it be one episode or an entire series. Despite it being my HSC year, I went from only having seen Yu-Gi-Oh, Sailor Moon, Beyblade, Vampire Knight and a few other series to closer to 100 series. 2011 also marks the year where I started following currently airing series. 2011 is the year where I really fell in love with anime. I became a lot more critical of it but I also enjoyed very much. While it was the year I started following anime, I didn't follow as much currently running anime as I would've liked to. I kind of inundated myself a little during the spring season so during the rest I watched a lot of older series to expose myself to the wide variety of anime that are available.

I started this blog in February with the intention of writing reviews and getting my opinion out there but I didnt' really have a lot of time throughout the year to put enough thought as I would like to into writing anything so I'm sorry for the lack of those. I know I will definitely have more time with the coming new year so expect more reviews coming out. I won't go down the track of covering anime weekly any time soon, however, as I honestly don't pay close enough attention each week to write about one episode in such great detail. There are already many blogs who cover anime that are much more established than I am around in any case.

I watched quite a bit of anime this year. Some were amazing and some were terrible, but I feel like I've only dipped my toes into the metaphorical ocean of anime that is out there. When I started this I honestly didn't think my interest in anime would survive long enough for me to keep writing but alas, it has. I know there are a lot of great and not-so-great series out there that I have yet to discover. So with that, see you on the other side in 2012~!

No comments: