Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kyousogiga Impressions



I'm not going to do a full review because frankly, I'm still trying to wrap my head around what went on in those 20 or so minutes. Yeah, I'm not even going to pretend I had a single idea what was happening. There were many similarities to Alice in Wonderland in Kyousogiga, such as having to find the 'rabbit' to return home and the whole accidentally ending up in another world thing with 'Mirror Kyoto'.

The way the story was told was very haphazard making it difficult to understand and it's hard to explain what was happening without giving away the whole thing. You'd be better off watching it yourself. I think somewhere along the way the producers assumed it would be easy enough to figure out everything you need to know while trying to understand what was going on.

Despite not understanding what was going on, I still found it to be an enjoyable watch. It was crazy, weird and wild and it would be really nice to see more to it, if only to tie up all the loose ends and make clear what was happening. The characters were quirky and interesting. Visually, it was stunning. I really loved the artwork and animation. The soundtrack wasn't particularly memorable at all. It was also really nice to see Kugimiya Rie in a role besides the type-casted 'tsundere loli'.

Overall, it's really not a waste of time to watch. If worse comes to worst, you'll end up thinking "WTF did I just watch?" but you definitely won't be alone if that happens.

No comments: