Saturday, May 7, 2011

07/05/11 Weekly Wrap-Up

Shameless shipping. They're so cute.

I thought I'd start doing this due to my lack of time to regularly write reviews, and because I feel like writing about random things. I'm far from impressed with my progress at school despite the fact that people keep telling me I'm doing fine but I've been doing a whole load of retail therapy. On Tuesday, I did a bulk order from Book Depository. I might actually post my manga collection after I get my books. Maybe. SUMMER LIST WILL BE UPDATED SOON.... MAYBE.

Pending Reviews:
  • Seikon no Qwaser
  • Fortune Arterial: Red Promise
  • Clannad: After Story
  • Moshidora

SPRING ANIME RANKINGS v2
  1. Hidan no Aria +3 : I thought it just couldn't get any better. How wrong was I.
  2. Ano Hana -1 : Aria took over. This show is still amazing though.
  3. Hanasaku Iroha = : The art is beautiful and the story is developing quite nicely.
  4. Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko -2 : Where the story is going, I have no idea, but this show makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
  5. Deadman Wonderland = : It was really boring this week. I have it on a 6/10 at the moment, and that's really saying something about the anime this season.
  6. Ao no Exorcist +2 : It was interesting this week. I actually didn't yawn at all while watching this week. There was actually some element of surprise. There was also guns.
  7. Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai +8 : I think I'm starting to piece things together in my head. This anime is quite funny. I think I was just being to harsh previously.
  8. Steins;Gate +2 : Somewhat predictable revelation but execution wasn't too bad. Character interaction is nice.
  9. Astarotte no Omocha +5 : Latest episode was kind of nice... after I got over how annoying Lotte was. 
  10. C -1 : So incredibly boring. The story isn't making much sense. It's so vague. The animation is so bad, my eyes burn. 
  11. Dog Days = : Nice battle scenes. Other than that, it was boring. The singing at the end was nice.
  12. Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL : I just started this week. It's pretty generic and childish.
  13. A-Channel -6 : The same jokes are being used over and over. It's not funny anymore.
  14. Sket Dance = : Episodic. Not funny.
  15. Hoshizora e Kakaru Hoshi -2 : Cliché. Really bad harem. Retains interest but little in terms of development.
  16. Sekaiichi Hatsukoi -8 : So you finish with one couple and just move onto the next? The romance is basically like rape... I just sit there cringing for 20 minutes. Not to mention, I don't really understand the connection between the couples?
Ratings changed drastically after one week. The first four are pretty solid, but after that, they're not fantastic.


Anime completed this week: Clannad: After Story, Moshidora

Best of the week: Hidan no Aria episode 4

Worst of the week: Sekaiichi Hatsukoi episode 5

Song of the week: Hidan no Aria OP - Scarlet Ballet by May'n
I actually really didn't like this song at first, but I actually really like it now. It's grown on me. Not to mention this amazing piano transcription. I'm going to learn it but even though I'm classically trained in piano, I'm not sure if my fingers can handle it after not playing for so long.




Most memorable moment:
Girls with guns.

It seems as if this whole post is about Hidan no Aria... I love this show, so what can I say.

On another note:

2 comments:

zak4994 said...

I don't blame you for being in love with Hidan no Aria.

What's your opinion on how things are developing in Gosick?

Love your blog btw. :)

Anna said...

Love the header picture... Big fan of Gosick!

Nice blog :D