Monday, May 23, 2011

21/05/11 Weekly Wrap-Up

Yes, it's worth that much. No, I didn't pay that much. I'll show you what I have someday...
This week went by so fast I felt like I had no time to do anything. I get a little scared every time someone reminds me of how little time I have left to prepare for the biggest exam of my life. I spoiled myself with another massive order from Book Depository. I do have a round of assessments coming in 2 weeks so blogging will be a little sparse... not that it isn't already. I promise I'm trying. This post is a day late too because I went to a birthday party yesterday. Nothing happened but it was fun anyway. I hadn't been to one in ages.

Pending Reviews: TOO MANY ..........
  • Clannad: After Story
  • Moshidora
  • Highschool of the Dead
  • Chrno Crusade
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross
I tried to do the Fortune Arterial one but I didn't remember much so that one won't be out any time soon.

Didn't start any anime this week.

Manga started this week: Kimi ni Todoke, Full Moon o Shigashite, Pandora Hearts, Hidan no Aria (Light novel), Dengeki Daisy (Delinquent school custodian...mmm)

Manga completed: I-O-N
It was really nice story and the art was pretty good for Arina Tanemura's first ever complete volume, even though she did short stories before that. In short, I really liked it.

Song of the week:
Well, I downloaded all of UVERworld's music and B2ST/Beast's new album. People seem to have this misconception that I've been 'converted' to kpop. Seriously, stuff you. I never was against it in the first place. I just don't like all the stuff you do. (Sigh) I never really found anything in Korean music that I liked before this album. I should listen to some music in English but I'm so lazy and it hasn't been that good as of late.



5. UVERworld - Rush
4. Kurosaki Maon - The Place of Hope (HotD ED)
3. B2ST - On Rainy Days/The Day the Rain Came : I'm trying to figure out the guitar for this.
2. Misato Aki - Spread Wings (Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai OP)
1. B2ST - Back to You (My favourite song on the album.)

The intro song was the beginning of B2ST - The Fact.

I've been learning May'n - Scarlet Ballet on piano. It's so fast. I finally finished learning Secondhand Serenade - Your Call on guitar. I just can't sing and play at the same time properly but singing is the only way I know when to play what.

SPRING ANIME RANKINGS v4
Some really good ones and some really bad ones this week. I may drop a few but I don't really like leaving things midway.
  1. AnoHana +1 : Heartbreaking.
  2. Hidan no Aria -1 : It lacked something this week. Just a little something that was there in all the other episodes.
  3. Gosick = : So beautifully cryptic. Best episode yet.
  4. Hanasaku Iroha = : Hilarious episode.
  5. Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko = : I absolutely love the art. There were so many close ups of faces I nearly died.
  6. Ao no Exorcist = : Best episode so far. I loved the back story. Dislike the love interest.
  7. Deadman Wonderland +3 : Quite exciting.
  8. Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai -1 : I don't know what to think. Only 5 episodes left. Will it make sense in the end?
  9. SKET Dance = : Cute episode.
  10. Astarotte no Omocha! -2 : Utter disappointment. It was really bad this week.
  11. Dog Days = : A decent follow-up. Not too bad.
  12. Steins;Gate = : I fell asleep.
  13. C +1 : I'm a little lost. I don't understand it's popularity. It's like Yu-Gi-Oh! with credit cards, just not as good. I fell asleep.
  14. Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL +1 : Well, I also fell asleep.
  15. A-Channel -2 : And for the third time, I fell asleep.
  16. Sekaiichi Hatsukoi +1 : This show is lame.
  17. Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi -1 : This show.. remind me why I'm watching this?

Best of the week:
AnoHana again. The story is amazing. It really tugs are your heartstrings. I can't imagine what would happen if I decided to watch all the episodes in a row. Waterfall incoming?

Worst of the week:
Everything I fell asleep in along with Hoshizora and Sekaiichi. Really. No joke. It was a bad week.

Most memorable moment:
When the guy in Deadman Wonderland got his eye gouged out. (I don't want to post a picture so have a little of Kurosaki over there instead.) I'm not usually phased by any sort of gore but it was censored which made me imagine all this stuff about what it would be like. It was really graphic. Not to mention I was eating at the time. I didn't finish my food. I nearly spit it everywhere.

2 comments:

zak4994 said...

I can't seem to make any sense at all of Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai. Major lack of detail that ahs to be cleared up or I will consider it a massive fail.

Rosa said...

Ohhh you read dengeki daisy too? Yeah, It's alright I still like kimi ni todoke more. LOL. OMG I SOUND LIKE I READ A LOT OF MANGA AYE. WHAT HAS BECOME OF ME.