Sunday, May 29, 2011

28/05/11 Weekly Wrap-Up


Fear not. I haven't forgotten my blog. Just a really quick update this week. I really haven't had time for much anime lately. I haven't even watched the top 3 of the season this week yet. That's mainly because I have to watch them in a specific order and UTW subs are delayed. I'm probably going to drop A-Channel and Steins;Gate. They both bore me to tears.

I don't have much time due to a lot of assessments in the coming month, so don't expect any reviews anytime soon. They're coming. I promise. Trying to balance school, anime, manga, music and exercise (in the form of learning dances for fun), and various other things is really difficult, but I'm trying. I don't want to become the kind of person who does nothing but study all the time. Of course I want to excel in my studies, but what kind of self-development is there in hitting the books 24/7? You just become a somewhat mindless and boring person, who frankly doesn't know much at all.

This week, I did manage to get a few episodes of anime in towards the beginning of the week. I watched Astarotte no Omocha, Ao no Exorcist, Hanasaku Iroha, Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi and Gosick. Gosick was absolutely amazing. Hopefully these last few episodes don't disappoint, but hey, no expectations means no disappointment. I think I finally don't feel the need to watch a million episodes per day any more.

Truthfully though, I haven't really been doing much work despite not watching anime. I've been watching BEAST related videos like their MTV documentary. I think I've been in a constant high ever since I realised that k-pop isn't all boring like DBSK and BIGBANG or just bad... like all the girl groups. Yes, the revelation was a little overwhelming. Well, at the moment the only group I really love is BEAST. They're so good that their live performances sound recorded. I also like U-KISS and ZE:A but not enough to bother learning any of their names. I have a hard time remembering Korean names for some reason. My musical horizons are expanding but I'll save that story for another day.

For now, I'm out. Real commentary to come as soon as I get around to watching the episodes. Perhaps in the monthly wrap-up, although I have an important exam two days after that. We'll see.

Hooray. Hidan no Aria just got released. Time to watch. Laters.

1 comment:

zak4994 said...

Hope you do well in your assessments!
Good Luck.