Saturday, May 14, 2011

14/05/11 Weekly Wrap-Up


So this week wasn't a particularly eventful one. I went by the whole thing in an absolute daze. I was so sleep deprived due to the insane amount of English homework. I hardly remember what happened. I do, however, remember that my youtube account was terminated. I never liked youtube, but apparently, you only get your videos removed if someone reports you. Shame on that person for not allowing me to share the music I like! Also, I did receive 6 books in the mail, with 10 still on the way. That brightened up my week a lot. The amount of Shojo Beat manga I buy is crazy.

Pending Reviews
  • Fortune Arterial: Red Promise (It's actually been a while since I watched this but I wanted to do a review because I actually liked this as opposed to the majority of people whose reviews I did read.)
  • Clannad: After Story + Kyou Chapter OVA
  • Moshidora
  • Highschool of the DEAD + OVA
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross (Thought I'd try a manga review.)

Anime started this week: Bottle Fairy. It's terrible.

Manga started this week: Princess Ai

Anime completed this week: Highschool of the DEAD. I was actually following the dub, but I couldn't stand waiting any more, so I watched it all on Thursday.

Song of the week:
I actually download songs like a madwoman, so this week, I decided I would make a video of the top 5 songs I added to itunes this week! I uploaded it to megaupload which really decreased the quality a lot. It took me hours, and hours, because my editing skills are rather rusty. It took me ages to cut the songs and put them together properly so it would sound okay.



5. French Kiss - Kakko Warui I love you! (Sket Dance OP) - It's so catchy!
4. Kishida Kyoudan  & The Akeboshi Rockets - HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD (HotD OP)
3. momo - Daisuki da you (Moshidora ED) - I love the chorus.
2. UVERworld - CORE PRIDE (Ao no Exorcist OP) - Despite the fact that the ending theme is absolutely unbearable, I love the opening theme and have been listening to it over and over. I love the gang vocals.
1. Nakano Aiko - Camellia no Hitomi (Hidan no Aira ED) - I've been listening to this on repeat.

I do realise they're all songs from anime, but I haven't really had the chance to go look up some new English music. Some of the obscure music I like is not so easy to find.

SPRING ANIME RANKINGS v3
I revised my scoring system this week. I think it actually makes more sense now and the scores match my thoughts on the series'. The amount of 'fluff' in all the episodes this week was insane.
  1. Hidan no Aria = : It doesn't fail to impress yet again. After I see something happen, I realise how predictable it was. What makes it good is I didn't know it was going to happen. Aria's character is also nice because she shows more of her deredere side.
  2. AnoHana = : Emotional overload. It's absolutely beautiful. It's quite powerful in the way it makes the viewer able to empathise with all the characters.
  3. Gosick : Adding this in this week since it's on going as well. The real story is unfolding. The ending was so touching.
  4. Hanasaku Iroha = : More melodrama and amazing art.
  5. Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko = : The show that you really like, but have no idea why you like it. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
  6. Ao no Exorcist +1 : Really cheesy episode but I liked it. I hope this show continues to improve.
  7. Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai +1 : Total mindfuck, but something is happening. I can just feel it underneath all the bad but funny fan service. The series is mid-way through now, and the way I see it is it'll either be absolutely mindblowing, or it will fail epically. 
  8. Astarotte no Omocha +2 : This is turning out to be a lot more than it initially was. It's nice, and somehow manages to put a smile on my face.
  9. SKET Dance +6 : Really a hit and miss kind of show. This weeks episode was really heartwarming.
  10. Deadman Wonderland -4 : Conceptually, I like it but it's getting more and more boring by the week.
  11. Dog Days +1 : That twist at the end. Shocking. 
  12. Steins;Gate -3 : *Yawns* Need I say more? It's not confusing or anything, it's just really weird and extremely boring. The banana jokes aren't funny any more.
  13. A-Channel +1 : This show is just bad. What happened?
  14. C -3 : I'm so disappointed that this isn't as good as I thought it would be. Animation isn't good at all.
  15. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal -2 : It's like this show doesn't even try to be good.
  16. Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi = : Don't even get me started on the fan service. There is also absolutely no plot whatsoever.
  17. Sekaiichi Hatsukoi = : Just not feeling the emotion. It's so superficial. It's lame.

Best of the week: AnoHana episode 5. The emotional impact this show has is amazing. 

Worst of the week: Hoshizora and Sekaiichi. Wow. Never have I ever seen anything so bad.

Most memorable moment:

I really want to see Victorique meet her mother. This moment was one of those 'awwwww' ones.

3 comments:

zak4994 said...

Totally agree with your top 4 and no.8.

The only shows I'm watching to be honest.

Anonymous said...

who's the guy in the picture under your " 14/05/11 Weekly Wrap-Up " heading?

LegendaryGirlA said...

@Anon: It's Kakeru Ootori from Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai. He's a relatively minor character.