Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fullmetal Alchemist Pocketwatch

I got this pocket watch off eBay a while ago. Of course I don't think it's a real one for the price I paid but that's beside the point. It serves it's purpose and I'll but a real one in due course.

Close-up of exterior.

Exterior with chain.

Interior. I don't really like the actually clock bit. It ticks and when it's really quiet in the middle of the night, you can hear it.

I'm not entirely sure what the date inside should be.

Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 9

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 11

Some people wouldn't believe me when I said the dates were different. There's the proof. So.. what should the date be?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In an interview to the first anime series Arakawa told that it was the date of burning their house. To not forget the pain or something like that.
I'm sorry. I can't remember very well, because it's been over a year since I read it...

But I don't know why the date is different to the second anime series... Sorry.

Anonymous said...

It's different because they also changed the year in the first series. Even Elicia's (the daughter of Maes Hughes)age was a year different in the first series. I just forgot if she was a year older or younger...

Anonymous said...

It should be the second one, because that is the version following the official manga.