Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée First Impression


This first episode completely defied my expectations. Having not read the manga, I was expecting a moe-fest but what I saw was quite different. The animation features the story of a young girl who travels to France to work. While it may seem slow to some, I find the story really nice and heartwarming. Yune is a really respectable character, portrayed as the ideal Japanese woman. She's really adorable, it's hard not to fall in love with her immediately. The character dynamic between Yune and Claude is really cute. I also really liked the classical background music.

Apparently, this show has Aria vibes. I haven't seen Aria yet so I wouldn't know. What I do know is this is a good show to enjoy after a long day or before bed. I don't like giving away plot in these things so that's all I'll say. The first episode was a nice start to the show and to the season for me. 

1 comment:

zak4994 said...

What happened in the halfway mark totally scared me.
I almost felt sorry for her at that point.

Such a cute show.